The Law Offices of Robert Nadalin

Can I Bring My Spouse And Family Members?

Most nonimmigrant visa categories, including H-1B, allow the principal visa holder to bring a spouse and any children under 21. This derivative visa category is called the H-4 visa. H-4 spouses are normally not permitted to work although there are exceptions to that rule. The most common exception for obtaining work authorization for an H-4 spouse is when the H-1B visa holder has obtained an approved I-140 immigrant petition.

For more information, please feel free to contact our office by calling (619) 234-8875 today.

The Law Offices of Robert Nadalin

Contact Us Now for an Assessment of Your Needs - Call (619) 234-8875

Related Articles

Related Topics