The Law Offices of Robert Nadalin

Do Any Special Conditions Apply to Larger Companies?

The B-1 process should be essentially the same for a small employer or a large employer.

What Is The Process Of Applying For The B-1 Visa?

Most applicants begin the process by applying for a visa stamp with a U.S. consulate abroad. Canadians as well as persons with a passport from a visa waiver country may come to the U.S. to apply for entry in B-1 status without having to obtain a visa stamp.

Visa waiver applicants must complete an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) application prior to coming to the U.S. The State Department insists that ESTA is not a visa. It is recommended that the ESTA application be submitted at least 72 hours prior to coming to the U.S.

A more recent program called EVUS (Electronic Visa Update System) has been implemented to provide for regular updates to the information for persons who hold a B-1 visitor visa in their passport. At this time, it only applies to citizen of the Peoples Republic of China. The program will likely be applied to other countries in the near future.

Can You File For Any Extensions In The B-1 Visa?

Visa waiver entrants are not permitted to extend or change status. However, persons who entered the U.S. with a formal B-1 visa in their passport may be permitted to extend or change status provided they are otherwise eligible to do so.

For more information on Special Conditions For Large Companies, an initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (619) 234-8875 today.

The Law Offices of Robert Nadalin

Contact Us Now for an Assessment of Your Needs - Call (619) 234-8875

Related Articles

Related Topics